Review: Philips SceneSwitch LED Bulb with Soft White, Daylight and Warm Glow Settings
The brand-new SceneSwitch LED bulb from Philips is a light bulb that features soft white, daylight white and warm “cozy” glow settings that can be selected from your existing light switch or lamp.
Innovations in consumer lighting technology continue to arrive on the market, this time with Philips taking cues from its Hue series of smart bulbs and integrating them into regularly-priced consumer LED bulbs. This LED lamp contains some pretty cool smarts, but without the “smart” price. Flick your light switch on and off repeatedly to choose from soft white, daylight white or a dimmed, warm glow. Once you leave the bulb off for more than six seconds, the setting is saved for the next time you power up the SceneSwitch. And that’s all there is to it! You don’t need home automation controllers or apps to make this bulb work its magic.
A 60 watt-equivalent, A19 version is the only model available (for the moment) for the North American market but Philips says they will be releasing more LED lamps with the SceneSwitch technology in the near future.
Philips SceneSwitch Specifications:
- Light output: 800 lumens (60 watt-equivalent) at soft white and daylight white settings, 80 lumens at warm glow setting
- Energy use: 9.5 / 8 / 3 watts (soft white / daylight / warm glow)
- Color temps: 2700K, 5000K, 2200K
- Bulb life: 13+ years (based on 3 hours per day)
- Warranty: 5+ years (10 years when registered at http://philips.com/registermyLED)
- Not dimmable or for use in fully-enclosed fixtures.
- OK for damp or outdoor locations, but not when exposed directly to water.